Available 24-hours a day 365-days a year
Our Home Assistance programme provides assistance to the member when you are involved in a Home Emergency. A Home Emergency means any sudden, unexpected and/or unforeseen event at the eligible residence requiring the immediate and/ or urgent services of a domestic tradesman to limit/ minimise or prevent further damage to the home.
This benefit is restricted to Home emergencies and only applies to the eligible premises / primary place of permanent residence, within the Republic of South Africa and used for domestic purposes, including outbuildings.
Emergency Services Notification and Call-out
At the member’s request our Assist Call Centre will relay a notification of emergencies to the Police, Traffic, Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Security or any other emergency service provider.
Mobile Notification Services
The member will receive an SMS notifying them of the update on your active case.
The below details will be sent to the member mobile phone after lodging a case:
- Name of Primary Case Manager
- Reference Number (ease of calling in and enable anyone of the Assist Agents to intervene or provide further details to the member)
- Once a Service Provider has been appointed, the responding Service Provider details will be sent along with the ETA
- Any changes made to the case (new Service Provider and additional requests etc.)
- If there is a shift change, the details of your New Case Manager will also be sent.
*Please note that each benefit will be managed on an individual basis and is highly dependent on traffic, weather and correct information received i.e. address or area of incident.
The Home Assistance programme shall entail the following emergency services to customers:
- Tree Felling
- Bee Keepers and Pest Controllers
- Appliances (member will be covered for the call out and one hour labour for large white appliances)
Terms and Conditions
- Overall limit of 3 (three) incidents or R2000 per member per annum applies.
- Please note that the call out fee and first hour of labour will be covered under Home Assistance, however the cost of parts and additional labour will for your own account.
- Where the incident is not considered an emergency that requires immediate attention, we will provide a referral for any specific Service Provider and all costs will be for the member’s own account.
- The benefit period is one calendar year and the benefit does not accumulate, but is a maximum amount per annum.
- A repair incident is considered per service category, e.g. if an electrician is called out to repair on the distribution board as well as an electrical connection, this is treated as one call out.
- Benefit excludes MAINTENANCE (Of any kind)