The following benefits are on an access only basis. These services include:
- Emergency telephonic advice and information - 24/7
- Referrals to medical practitioners and facilities
- Liaison with next of kin to keep them informed
In addition to the general medical advice service, medical operators will guide a person through a medical crisis situation involving the member. The member will receive emergency advice or have necessary support organised, by utilising the 24-hour Contact Centre Doctor.
This service includes referrals to Crisis lines in case of:
- Poison Hotline - In House
- Suicide Hotline - Life Line
- Rape and HIV Counselling
- Family and Domestic Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Bereavement Counselling
For the member's medical aid or own account:
- Emergency medical response to the scene of an incident
- Emergency medical transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility
*Please note: Medical cover is only valid for emergencies within the borders of South Africa.